Color Label Solutions has started recently selling a different type of Color Labels:
|LabelWorks Color Label|
I’ve known of the LabelWorks product line for some time. However, we did not pursue reselling this line of products until one of our large customers requested more information. Our customer needed a means to add a barcode to every shelf location to improve picking and put away. To perform this operation, they wanted a mobile printer with a way to create labels on the fly. Originally, they requested Dymo printers; but I suggested LabelWorks. Warehousing and distribution are key applications for the LabelWorks product line.
Based on the customer’s requirements, I suggested the LW-PX400 label printer.
Melisa Coffman, Training Manager for the LabelWorks division of Epson, says, “The LW-PX400 is great for people on the go, its compact and easy to bring with you if you’re traveling or just moving around the facility, store it in your tool bag or laptop case and bring it with you anywhere! Its also great on a desktop because its small footprint takes up very little space, but has a ton of capability. Great for those with strict guidelines for installing software –by allowing the user to use their smart device to create and print the labels –and they don’t have to jump through hoops from their IT personnel to use it!”
Learn more here: https://labelworks.epson.com/epson-lw-px400/. The LW-PX400 offers up to 1” print width, and works both USB and wirelessly with any iOS or Android device. Plus it comes with free Label Editor software. You can request the Label Editor software here:
Finally, this printer is inexpensive; costing only $169. Purchase the LW-PX 400 here:
Based on the customer’s requirements, I got a LW-PX400 myself:
To use the printer, I loaded the labels first; a 1” yellow durable vinyl label.
|1" Vinyl Yellow Tape|
And connected via USB to my computer. Then I installed the Label Professional Editor Software and designed my first label; my name along with a QR code with our company’s website.
|Label Professional Editor Software|
And then I printed my first label.
All within probably 15 minutes.
After using the Label Editor Software, I loaded the Epson iLabel app on my phone:
And repeated the process of making a label and then printing a label. But this time, I printed using Bluetooth connectivity from my phone to the LW-PX400. In a very few minutes, I printed a second label.
|iLabel Software Printed Label|
And I then learned that Google’s camera reads QR Codes:
Epson’s iLabel for Android/iOS and Label Professional Editor make creating durable labels easy to do; and fun!
For the LW-PX400, Epson offers 129 different types of labels: Materials, Widths and Colors. You can find and search all the different label options here:
Given all the different types, I asked Melissa Coffman about the different options. According to Melissa, “Here are the types of labels we offer to our customers.
- Standard Tapes –Available in a wide variety of colors and sizes, used for labeling anything and everything. From files, shelves, products, safety and facility labels to 5S and everything in between. Color coding, etc. Whether you want it to stand out or blend in –there is a perfect tape for the application.
- Heat Shrink Tube – For labeling wires and cables –Think Electrical, Data-Com, panel builders and IT people (just to name a few)
- Magnetic Tape- Inventory Management for shelves, bins, mailboxes, lockers. For locations that are constantly changing and/or being moved and reorganized –Magnetic is awesome! No sticky residue left behind.
- Fluorescent Tape – For all of those applications that really need to stand out and bring attention to it. Or just for something fun and different. These are my personal favorites!
- Vinyl Tape – Ideal for curved surfaces, outdoor applications, wires, cables and any of high traffic labeling jobs, the vinyl tapes will withstand some serious wear and tear. They are also a little more matte finish making them easier to read in bright environments.
- Self-Laminating Wire Wraps – Cables and wires that need to be labeled but can’t fit a HST on. In these situations, a self lam is the way to go. Installers and repair people live for these tapes (now available in more flexible vinyl)
To purchase supplies for your LW-PX400, visit our store:
So far, we have only a small segment of the tapes Epson offers on our store. If you something different for your LW-PX400, contact us. We’ll add what you need to our online store; or send it to you directly.
In addition, we’ve listed so far only the LX-PX400 in our online store. Learn more about the 7 other Epson LabelWorks printers here:
Depending on your requirements, we’ll find the best printer for you.
And you can use these printers all across your organization. For manufacturers like many of our customers, the LabelWorks team recommends these possible applications:
1. Pipe Markers
2. Machine Controls
3. Production Tracking
4. Equipment Labels
5. Operating Instructions
6. Quality Control Tags
7. Assembly line Classification
8. Process Control Instructions
9. Tooling Information
10. Tool/Part Cribs
11. Raw Materials
12. Inspection Certificates
13. Assembly Instructions
14. Gear Labels
15. Gauge ID
16. Hoist Operating Instructions
17. Cable Flagging
18. Job Tracking
19. Operating Guidelines
20. Production Charts
21. Scrap Bins
22. Parts-in-Progress Tags
23. Time Card Slots
24. Production Control Boards
25. Capacity Planning Boards
26. Locker Labels
27. Hard Hats
28. PPE/Safety Clothing
29. Lean/5S Visual Workplace
30. Safety (OSHA/ANSI)
31. Calibration Labels
32. Secondary Container ID
And for Warehouses like our first customer, the LabelWorks team recommends these possible applications:
1. Vertical/Horizontal Racks & Shelves
2. Asset ID/Management
3. Parts Bins
4. Modular Drawer Bins
5. Drawer Pulls
6. Cabinets & Carts
8. Lot Numbers
9. Aisle Markers
10. Storage Requirements
11. Handling Procedures
12. Pallet Labels
13. Equipment Labels
14. Drawer Dividers
15. Flow Racks
16. Color-Coded Control Systems
17. Bar Codes
18. Shipping Labels
19. Directional/Wayfinding Signs
20. Dated Material
21. Informational Charts
22. Shipping/Receiving Dock Signs
23. Loading Dock
24. Office Hours
25. File Cabinets
26. Parking Slip Lots
27. Floor Labeling
28. Lean/5S Visual Workplace
In addition to Manufacturing and Warehousing, the LabelWorks team recommends possible applications in Education, Office, Building Management, Engineering, Labs/Healthcare, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Energy, Utilities, IT/Datacom, Electrical and Construction. Lots of possible uses in most every company. And all for only $169 a printer.
Color Label Solutions is all about print on-demand color. And now you can get durable color labels to use all across your organization. Contact us to learn more or purchase one of these LabelWorks printers.